Lead Content Producer
About Underscore VC
Underscore is a Boston based and Boston biased earliest stage venture capital firm. With $225M under management, Underscore backs bold entrepreneurs daring to build iconic companies. United in the belief that it takes a community to build an enduring company, Underscore supports each of its portfolio companies through the Underscore Core community. The Core is made up of several hundred proven entrepreneurs, executives, and experts in Boston and beyond. Through the Core, founders receive the benefits of the right expertise, from the right people, at the right time - all on Underscore’s dime.
The Underscore team is a diverse mix of seasoned investors, operators, and entrepreneurs. Above all else, we’re listeners and learners who are united in our belief that it takes a community to build an enduring company.
About the Role
We are seeking a creative Lead Content Producer (LCP) who's excited about taking Underscore's content to the next level. The main content initiative that the LCP will be responsible for is Startup Secrets. The objective of Startup Secrets is to provide experiential frameworks that help Founders along their entrepreneurial journey. The LCP will work closely with the team and community to produce valuable content that is complementary to the larger Underscore VC brand and broader Boston startup ecosystem.
- Own the content strategy. Work closely with the Platform and Investment team to create entrepreneurship/domain thought leadership, support programs (such as Startup Secrets, and the UFirst Summer Accelerator), and maximize content reach and exposure with our Marketing Manager.
- Produce, source, and maintain Startup Secrets content. Continuously refresh and optimize existing Startup Secrets content and frameworks, while actively engaging the Underscore Core community in the creation of new content (case studies, video interviews, blog posts, and frameworks).
- Spearhead and sustain a content calendar for Startup Secrets and Underscore VC content. Introduce and adhere to an appropriate content cadence, ensuring audiences are measurably engaging with each publication.
- Develop a strong, organic, digital presence across owned channel. With a dedicated website for Startup Secrets and a presence on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. The LCP will be responsible for developing a cohesive cross-channel presence and work in conjunction with our Marketing Manager to design creative assets.
- Work both online and offline. In addition to producing digital assets, this person will work alongside our Community Manager to source new content from the broader Boston ecosystem and host informative events and workshops that showcase the Startup Secrets frameworks as complementary resources for all tech entrepreneurs.
- Collaborating with the Underscore investment team and Core community. Working alongside the Underscore investment team and Core community, provide actionable Startup Secrets materials to potential investments, existing portfolio companies, and UFirst Accelerator participants. The LCP will ensure that we’re providing founders with the right resources at the right time to meet their unique needs.
To be successful in this role, this is what we think you may be about:
- You love storytelling and have a unique knack for creating engaging narratives that break through the noise. With a passion for both reading and writing, you’re well adept at capturing big ideas and frameworks in a succinct and compelling way.
- You are creative and an outside-the-box problem solver. You take risks and are not afraid to experiment but you use data and analytics to make decisions about whether to double-down on or course-correct your efforts.
- You’re passionate about Boston, tech startups, and entrepreneurship. And because you possess strong interpersonal skills and thrive on helping others, you’ll get excited about engaging with the Underscore Core community both online and off.
- You balance confidence and humility and have a positive “anything is possible” attitude.
- You are entrepreneurial yourself - this position requires initiative, drive, grit, and determination.
- Several years of experience in content creation, communication, or a related field.
- Bonus points if you have experience developing curricula and content in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Professional experience publishing content.
- Excellent writer, editor, and storyteller, but an even better listener.
- Strong public speaker.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and video editing software preferred.
- A strong eye for great design and UX. You know it when you see it.
- Professional, highly-creative, flexible, and collaborative.
- Can work within a team and independently.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy.
- You include GIPHS in your emails.
How to learn more or apply
Please reach out to Dan Kagdis at True Search: email@example.com